Lead 3:15 is the fourth step in our Men's Development Process. The first three steps in our process equip you and now it's time to commit to servant- leadership at home and in the church. This group of men live out this calling together.
1 Timothy 3:15 states, “If I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.”
Lead 3:15 men look to the example of Christ and then model how men are to “conduct themselves in God’s household.” This conduct defines us in every realm of life. Christ shapes our inner-man, therefore our outer-man conducts Christ’s will accordingly. We are committed to a biblical lifestyle that models Christ to the men of Milestone, our community and the world.
Lead 3:15 men look to the example of Christ and then invest our time, talent and treasure in “God’s household.” We believe the local church is the hope of the world. Therefore, we will invest in this hope. Jesus stated in Matthew 16:18, “I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.” (NLT) We are men who invest in what Christ is building inside his people and the household that gathers His people.
Lead 3:15 men look to the example of Christ and then influence others by living as a “pillar and foundation of the truth.” Jesus is the Truth; therefore we, like John, believe that Christ “must increase; but I must decrease.” (John 3:30 ESV) Paul lived this way and stated so in Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.” We are men through whom Christ can lead; we influence others as Christ works through us.
Statement of Purpose
The men who accept the call and consistently live within the five “I will” statements are the core lay leadership team of Milestone Church. This group of men meet with Pastor Jeff, provide insight into and feedback on major decisions, carry the leadership load, and help execute the vision and values of Milestone Church. This group of men are the “go to guys” and the “point men” for key initiatives. Lead 3:15 men are the leadership backbone of Milestone.
Lead 3:15 provides headship for the following:
- Two large gathering events a year. (Fall event – develop men within Milestone; Spring event -- reaching men outside Milestone)
- Twice a year, personal development resources are sent to Lead 3:15 men.
- Tuesday Morning Men’s small groups, Men’s Connect Groups and Men’s Development Groups.
- Identification of needs in our community and the ability to meet them.
The following “I will” statements are clear guidelines to which men must commit as a part of Lead 3:15.
- I will submit to the lordship of Christ.
- I will carry the spirit of the house, which means living in unity and embodying the vision, values and heart of Milestone Church.
- I will serve in the church, using my gifts & talents.
- I will tithe 10% of my total household income to the local church as a starting point of stewardship.
- I will prayerfully support any special projects that the Lead 3:15 group sets forth.
How Do I Join?
Complete the three step LEAD 3:15 Men’s Process.
- Complete a Men's Development Group.
- Commit to the five "I will" statements listed above under "Commitment."
- Get a pastoral recommendation.
If you have further questions about LEAD 3:15, email Pastor Jeff Pelletier.