To sign up for Serve Day 2020, select a campus below.
(Choose Keller Campus, Missions Fund)
Every year on Serve Day our church has impacted our community in a powerful way through hundreds of clean up and compassion projects.
We’ve thought about canceling or postponing serve day many times this year. But, when we saw the needs of our city and community continue to rise, almost 5x from previous years in some areas, we knew we had to do something.
After all, even with everything going on, we still believe:
- The local church is the hope of the world
- People matter to God, so they matter to us
- Our city is our responsibility
- We are better together
So our team went to work on creating the safest and most effective ways we can serve and make a major impact in our city.
Here is what you can expect and how we plan to stay safe and healthy:
- We’ve had 5x the requests over previous years for help for single moms, widows, elderly, and veterans.
- Throughout June, we’ve provided groceries for 300 refugee families. Some of our serve day projects will multiply that impact in a single day.
- Some projects: Adopt-a-block for under-resourced neighborhoods, haircuts for the homeless, lawn care for single moms and the elderly, blankets for hospitalized children, refugee family outreaches, meal delivery, building a wheel chair ramp for an elderly widower, skilled projects for single moms, widows, elderly, and veterans, and many more.
- If you are unable to serve in-person, we created projects that you can serve virtually. Such as baby showers for moms who chose life for their babies.
- We started with 145 Projects - We canceled 40 projects that weren’t considered safe for our volunteers.
- Safety: Indoor projects have been adjusted to accommodate social distancing.
- Since we are going out into the community to serve, we are encouraging everyone to wear a mask to keep our volunteers safe as well as those we are serving.
Together, we can make a major impact.
To see what Serve Day is all about, check out our highlight video from Serve Day 2019 below: